Beauty and the Beast Auditions
Alpine Community Theater (ACT)
May 13th, 2017
At Valentine Theater in AF
9:00am-12:00pm Boys & Girls (8-12)
12:30pm-4:30pm Adults (19 and up)
1:30pm-5:00pm Teens (13-18)
Plan on spending two hours to complete the audition process. We need all ages, from 8 to 88!
(Please contact Laura Snyder in advance at 801-404-0736 if you need to come at a time other than outlined above.)
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- SINGING–Please be prepared to sing 16 measures of an upbeat Broadway Musical. (Nothing from Hamilton PLEASE!) Bring your sheet music. Karaoke tracks on electronic devices such as ipods, ipads, or cell phones, WILL BE allowed. Accompanists will also be provided.
- DANCING– Be prepared to learn dance steps by wearing appropriate footwear. (No flip-flops or sandals.) You will be asked to perform the dance steps taught during auditions.
- ACTING– Some of you may be asked to read lines and do some improvisation. (Presenting a 1 minute monologue is optional at callbacks only.)
- SPECIAL SKILLS– If you have special skills such as gymnastics or acrobatics, please let us know at auditions. We would love to see these special talents!
- CALL BACKS– Callbacks will be held May16th-18th. If we need you to return for a callback you will be notified as to which date and time. Not every role needs a callback, so please remember to check the Final Cast List even if you didn’t get called back.
- FINAL CAST LIST POSTED– The final cast list will be posted on our website on Friday, May 19th after 6:00pm. Please check this list even if you did not get a callback!
- MANDATORY Parent/Cast/staff Meeting: If you or your child is cast in our summer show, you must attend this meeting with your child on SATURDAY, MAY 20th at the Valentine Theater from 9:00am-11:00am. A read-thru for leads will follow from 11:00am-1:00pm.
Alpine Community Theater (ACT) – “Where everyone can get into the ACT!”
We need your help!
We need Enthusiastic, Energetic, Community Minded, Volunteers to help as: Stage Managers, Stage Crew, Costume Designers, Seamstresses, Music Directors, Sound and Lighting Specialists, Choreographers, Hair & Make-up Specialists, Set Construction, Set Artists, Set Dressers, Secretaries, Audition Coordinators, Rehearsal Supervisors, Ticketing, Publicity, Fundraising and much more!
For more information contact Laura Snyder at 801-404-0736 or visit our website at: www.AlpineCommunityTheater.org