When: Saturday, AUGUST 19th & Saturday, AUGUST 26th 10:00am-12:00noon.
or Call for an appointment the first two weeks of September.
Where: ACT Performing Arts Academy- Valentine Theater near the Timpanogos Temple
(Plan on spending one hour to complete the audition process. We need all ages, from 8 to 18!)
Please contact Laura Snyder at 404-0736 if you need to come at a time other than outlined above or need to arrange another day to audition. We may have several Audition days in order to accommodate everyone desiring to audition for these exciting new performing groups!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Those auditioning for Kids in the ACT Youth Theatre
· SINGING–Please be prepared to sing 16 measures of two contrasting Musical Theater pieces. (Nothing from Wicked or Hairspray PLEASE!) Bring your sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. You are also permitted to bring a CD or ipod if desired.
· DANCING-Be prepared to learn dance steps by wearing appropriate footwear. (No flip-flops or sandals.) You will be asked to perform the dance steps taught during auditions.
· ACTING– Some of you may be asked to read lines and do some improvisation. (Presenting a 1 minute monologue is optional but encouraged.)
· SPECIAL SKILLS– If you have special skills such as gymnastics or acrobatics, please let us know at auditions. We would love to see these special talents!
· CALL BACKS– Callbacks will be held during class time for students accepted into Kids in the ACT. If we need you to return for a callback to further determine your eligibility for acceptance in any or our performing groups, you will be notified as to the date and time. Callbacks will be held at ACT Performing Arts Academy.
· ACCEPTANCE– Everyone auditioning will be notified individually by email as to whether or not they are accepted into the desired performing group. If your child is accepted, you will be instructed to complete the registration process for your child. If your child is not accepted at this time, you will receive recommendations as to which classes to enroll your child in to further their opportunity to be accepted in the desired programs during the next audition cycle.
· MANDATORY Parent/Cast/staff Meeting: If your child is accepted into Kids in the ACT Youth Theatre, you will be notified of a Mandatory Parent meeting to further outline class requirements and the upcoming performance schedule.